Wednesday, July 29, 2009

luv and updates



Okay, so it's been well over a month before I've updated this blog. Epic fail! I have however accomplished so many other things that I don't really feel so bad for letting this take backseat. A quick rundown on the list of things I've done : moved into a new apartment, got a car with cheaper payments, still not eating red meat, quit smoking and had my thyroid removed. O yea, and I fell in love. *cheesy grin*


During all these things that have been happening, I actually thought to get some pictures. July 23rd I went to see the American Idol concert in Dallas - which was actually kind of boring. It was boring because if you look at the picture, yeah that's how far away we sat - and those seats weren't cheap!! The seats near the damned stage were $2,500 a pop so we sat in the nosebleed section. The concert sounded good but that's about all I can say because I could barely see the stage.

Thyroid surgery was fun. Okay, not really but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm actually "in recovery" right now, I had the surgery this past Monday (7.27.09) and everything went really well. There's only a few real risks during a thyroidectomy - having your parathyroid glands damaged, which regulates calcium intake, and vocal chord damage. My voice is a little hoarse but otherwise working fine and the doc said he found and avoided my parathyroids. Woohoo! Now all I have to do is heal up and have a really tough looking scar on my throat. I also have to take synthroid for the rest of my life but you know, it was worth the trade for the scar. haha

So, a lot of huge changes going on for me. Things that I couldn't have done if not for one of the biggest changes - falling in love. Jonathan, you know much you mean to me and I'll never probably be able to find the right words to express my gratitude for just being lucky enough to have you in my life but I did promise I'd try to write something so I did. There was always a reason I chose less than three as the name of this blog. You really have been the only person I ever intended to read it, so for as far back as this thing was started I think it's safe to say I loved you. And of course you know I still do. Now I'm going to go take a nap and pretend you're here. *muah*









I <3 U

this isn't really a poem
it's more like a stream
of thoughts and memories,
beginnings of dreams

sleepy voices and mangos
you're wonderful, no u
ice skating, baseball games
and everything we'll do

shirtless dishes and guitar
lotion, magnet, the cubs
california wasn't easy
sadface, arbitur,arbitur..hugz?/

monday morning, scary day
promise, i promise a ring
we'll be together i swear it
forever's okay now, i think

miss, crave, want, adore
cherish, love,and need.
those are the things i
mean when i've said less than three.

No comments:

Post a Comment